MEGA - Mattel
Part of the Mattel® family, MEGA™ empowers fans and families to build the future they imagine. MEGA™ designs & manufactures innovative, high-quality construction toys for builders of all ages to create, customize & collect. From the first years of play with Mega Bloks® to the discovery of new worlds with Mega Construx™, MEGA™ is the brand that dares to go beyond the rules of construction. For more information, visit http://www.megabrands.com/
Set-Up Molding – Night shift
• Benefits effective as of start date;
• 12-hour shift;
• Night shift (7 pm to 7 am);
• Weekend shift (every second weekend).
The Set-Up will be responsible for setting up and operating injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials. The candidate must also ensure maintenance of injection processes to meet standard
cycle times and quality requirements.
• Adjust mold/machine parameters to ensure part/machine optimization;
• Validate cycle and cavitation of molds against mold standards;
• Perform routine daily functions (cleaning/greasing/nozzle verification, etc.);
• Install and remove molds when required;
• Troubleshoot when necessary;
• Ensure parts meet or exceed MEGA quality specifications;
• Record any mold problem in the Matrix Management System (MMS) and advise the tool-room;
• Communicate any machine or auxiliary equipment problems to maintenance;
• Complete the last shot report and setup sheet for mold changes;
• Always follow and respect factory safety rules;
• Work in collaboration with related departments (Tool-Room, Maintenance, Quality).
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as an injection molding setup;
• Experience in the plastics industry;
• Knowledge of troubleshooting, process optimization, and mold installation;
• Familiar with gate valve molds – both pneumatic and hydraulic (asset).
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
12 Hour Night Shift